All set for Global Investors Summit-2016 at Indore
CM Chouhan woos delegates at Global Investors Meet in Indore
Five countries Japan, South Korea, U.A.E., Singapore and United Kingdom are participating as partner countries in the summit. Beside this, around 40 foreign delegations mainly from Italy, Belgium, China, America, Australia, Hong Kong, Sweden, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Poland, Malaysia, Indonesia and Hungary are participating in the summit.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan met delegates at a Global Investors Meet here.
Over 3,000 delegates, including 150 CEOs from India and abroad are participating in the event.
The two-day event, which starts from today, will see participants from sectors such as agri-business, food processing, automobile, engineering, defence, IT, renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, textile and tourism.
This two-day event will aim to showcase the strengths and industrial prowess of Madhya Pradesh, and provide a global platform for interaction with Indian industry leaders, policy makers, investors and other stakeholders.
The ambitious journey of the Global Investors Summit started in October 2007 in Indore with investment intentions of USD 18.3 billion and 301, primarily domestic participants.
Over a period of eight years, the summit has evolved into a major international event being attended by who's who of the business world, academia and politics. The event provides unmatched platform for investors to network with all those who matter.
Ahead of the summit, Chouhan said, "Madhya Pradesh, the heart of incredible India, is one of the fastest growing economies in the country. With its business friendly policies and skilled labour force, we aspire to become the growth pillar of Make in India.
The Global Investors Summit 2016 got underway this morning at Indore, Madhya Pradesh. It’s a two-day event to be held today and tomorrow at the Brillant Convention Center in the city to woo investments in the state.
Union ministers Arun Jaitley, Ravishankar Prasad and Narendra Singh Tomar and Chief Minister Shivraj Singh are some of the dignitaries present at the GIS venue.
Baba Ramdev is one of the chief guests at the event.
The event started with the auspicious lamp lighting ceremony on the stage in presence of the dignitaries.
Over 3,000 business delegates, including 150 CEOs, from India and abroad are expected to participate in the event.
Some of the highlights so far from the GIS 2016 are as follows –
– Madhya Pradesh chief secretary Anthony DeSa presents report card of MP’s growth at Global Investment Summit in Indore on Saturday.
– United Kingdom MP Aloke Sharma said during Global Investors Summit in Indore that 28 companies from his country are participating in GIS. He also said that UK is the biggest investor in India from G-28 countries.
– Hinduja group co-chairman Gopichand Hinduja, said that PM Narendra Modi is doing good work but unfortunately his team could not match his pace. Hinduja was addressing guests at Global Investment Summit in Indore on Saturday.
– Hinduja group co-chairman Gopichand Hinduja, while addressing guests at Global Investment Summit in Indore on Saturday, suggested that MP chief minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan should constitute SPV for improving infrastructure in state then his company will invest.
– Hinduja group co-chairman Gopichand Hinduja, while addressing guests at Global Investment Summit in Indore on Saturday, said that NRIs are sending about 70 bn dollars to India but India is doing nothing for them.
– Kumar Mangalam Birla, chairman of Aditya Birla Group, announced at Global Investment Summit in Indore on Saturday that his company is going to invest Rs 29K crore in MP.
– Reliance ADAG chairman Anil Ambani while addressing Global Investors Summit in Indore on Saturday said that his company has decided to invest in defence sector in MP. The company has identified two locations , one in Pithampur and another in Bhopal for setting up defence manufacturing plant.
– Baba Ramdev highlighted MP as investment destination. He said that MP’s growth rate (10%) is higher than that of US and UK having 2 to 3% growth rate.
Baba Ramdev at GIS 2016 says Patanjali wants more land in MP
– Baba Ramdev further added that Patanjali has been provided with 45 acres of land at Pithampur for setting up plant but the company requires more land.
– Baba Ramdev, while addressing guests at Global Investment Summit in Indore on Saturday, said that his company Patanjali would make Madhya Pradesh a hub for R & D in herbs.
– Shash Ruia, chairman and co-founder of Essar Group, announces at Global Investment Summit in Indore on Saturday to invest Rs 4500 crore in MP.
– Global Investors Summit in Indore on Saturday, SRF company chairman Arun Bharat Ram announced his company’s plan to invest Rs 5,000 crore in chemical sector in Madhya Pradesh.
Union minister for Law, Justice and Information Ravi Shankar Prasad addresses the guests at Global Investment Summit 2016.
– Ravi Shankar Prasad said that 40 mobile manufacturing units to be set-up in India – out of that one would be set-up in Madhya Pradesh soon. Through this India would be made self reliant in electronic goods manufacturing.
– Union finance minister Arun Jaitley said that private sector needs to pick up pace with the government. “Generally private sector remains ahead of government but today we are at such a historic moment of time that government is ahead of private sector and it needs to pick up pace with the government,” he said.